What is it?
Gözleme is a savoury traditional Turkish hand made and hand rolled pastry. Fresh pastry is rolled out, filled and sealed, then cooked over a flat iron plate.
• 8g sachet instant dried yeast
• pinch of salt
• 1 pinch white sugar
• 3 cups plain flour
• drizzle olive oil
• 100g baby spinach
• 200g Australian fetta cheese
What to Do
1. Combine 300ml warm water, yeast, salt and sugar in a jug. Whisk. Allow water and yeast mixture to sit for approx. 2 minutes.
2. Add flour to the yeast mixture and drizzle in some oil. Combine to form a soft dough. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 5 minutes or until elastic. Cut into approx. 100gram pieces. Place on a greased baking tray. Cover with glad wrap or wet tea towel, Stand in a warm, sunny place for 20 minutes or until dough doubles in size.
3. Roll each piece of dough into a 35cm x 45cm rectangle. Place one-quarter of the spinach over one end of each rectangle. Top with fetta. Fold dough over to enclose filling. Press edges together to seal.
4. Preheat non stick pan. Brush one side of each gozleme with 2 teaspoons oil. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until one side is golden. Brush the uncooked side with remaining oil. Turn over and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden and crisp. Remove to a serving plate. Cut gozleme into quarters and serve.
Enquire about Kem’s ‘Dine & Learn’ Cooking Classes.